CAP22 Global Pathology Education Award
CAP22 Virtual Global Pathology Education Award: In an effort to improve global health by increasing the exchange of information and the science of pathology, the College of American Pathologists (CAP) Foundation has developed the Global Pathology Education Award. This award supports online/virtual attendance at the CAP22 Annual Meeting (October 8-11, 2022) for international pathologists practicing in medically under-resourced areas around the globe, by providing outstanding continuing education in all pathology specialties taught by world class experts.
EACH EDUCATION AWARD INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Complimentary CAP22 Virtual Registration
- Access to more than 50 CME courses for a period of 90 days following the meeting.
- Complimentary IFCAP membership for one year (pending submission and approval of a completed IFCAP application)
Physicians residing in and practicing the specialty of pathology in medically under-resourced countries as identified by the WHO. Those in a pathology residency training program are not eligible to apply for this award. All Applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, or religion.
Applicants should have authorization from their institution to attend the CAP22 online meeting sessions.
Priority consideration for the Global Pathology Education Awards will be given to practicing pathologists who:
- reside in a medically under-served country as designated by the World Health Organization (WHO). The WHO-HINARI website will be utilized as a guide.
- are not current International Fellows (IFCAP) of the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
- have a demonstrable need for financial support to virtually attend the CAP Annual Meeting.
APPLY BY: June 1, 2022
1. Responses to the following:*
- Your years in practice, your practice setting, the types of services/areas of pathology that are commonly performed on a weekly or monthly basis including challenges faced
- Your interest in attending CAP22 (online attendance)
- Your goals and plan to share and apply knowledge gained
- Why the award is important to your career development
- Why you are seeking CAP Foundation financial support for your online attendance at the meeting.
- Your organization's support for you to attend CAP22 (online attendance)
*Applicants that do not address the above items in their application will not be considered.
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Professional Headshot (1+ megabyte; color; with or without lab coat; neutral background; the photo you submit to be used in web and print media for award recognition; no selfies please)
Awardees are required to submit a short evaluation form within 10 days of completing meeting attendance.
The CAP Foundation may also communicate the bestowing of this award and content from your evaluation form for future promotional purposes with CAP members and donors via the Foundation website, social media channels, newsletter, or annual report.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND QUESTIONS: Note that all correspondence with the CAP Foundation regarding this award will be in English and take place via email email@example.com or if needed +001-847-832-7931; the preferred method of contact is email.