Informatics Award 2020
Informatics Travel Award - Provides exposure to real-world, practical informatics applications and aids in understanding the pathologist’s information management role and its impact on improving patient care. Funding up to $1,200 is available for pathology residents to attend the CAP Annual Meeting (CAP20 – Oct 10-13; Las Vegas, NV) and focus their meeting experience and learning on the field of informatics.
Submit the following materials:
- Award Application
- Your residency program director's signature is required (invite this individual as a collaborator on your application).
- An essay up to 750 words to include the following:*
- Interest in applying/influencing the direction of informatics in patient care, why this experience is desired, and how it will enhance training in pathology
- Goals for attending CAP Annual Meeting Informatics courses (e.g., I would like to achieve the following…)
- Your plan to share and apply knowledge gained
- Why the award is essential to the applicant
- Why Foundation financial support is necessary (NEED)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional Headshot
- Letter of recommendation from your program director.
*Applicant that does not address the above items in their application essay will not be considered.