Informatics Award 2022
Informatics Travel Award - Provides exposure to real-world, practical informatics applications and aids in understanding the pathologist’s information management role and its impact on improving patient care. Funding up to $1,200 is available for pathology residents to attend the CAP Annual Meeting (CAP22 – October 8-11, 2022; New Orleans, LA) and focus their meeting experience and learning on the field of informatics.
All CAP Junior Members may apply. However, this award must be fulfilled prior to converting to CAP Fellow membership. All applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, or religion.
Applicants should have authorization from their institution to attend the meeting. Awardees and/or their institutions should expect to cover any travel costs that exceed the amount awarded.
Recipients are expected to focus their meeting experience and learning on the field of informatics.
APPLY BY: APRIL 6, 2022
Submit the following materials:
- Award Application
- Your residency program director's sign-off is required (invite this individual as a collaborator on your application).
- Responses to the following:*
- Your interest in applying/influencing the direction of informatics in patient care, why this experience is desired, and how it will enhance training in pathology
- Your goals for attending CAP Annual Meeting Informatics courses (e.g., I would like to achieve the following…)
- Your plan to share and apply knowledge gained
- Why the award is essential to the applicant
- Why Foundation financial support is necessary (NEED)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional Headshot (1+ megabyte; color; with or without lab coat; neutral background; the photo you submit to be used in web and print media for award recognition; no selfies)
- Letter of recommendation from your program director.
*Applicant that does not address the above items in their application will not be considered.
Awardees are required to submit a short evaluation form within 10 days of meeting attendance.
The CAP Foundation may also communicate the bestowing of this award and content from your evaluation form for future promotional purposes with CAP members and donors via the Foundation website, social media channels, newsletter, or annual report.