Leadership Development Award - Fall Cycle 2021
Leadership Development Award – Fall Cycle
Introduces pathology residents to the specialty’s issues and leadership opportunities at the institutional, local, state, and national levels. The award enhances each recipient's education, professional development and experience on issues challenging the pathology specialty.
Funding is available for the following:
- Travel expenses up to $1,200 for pathology residents to attend the CAP Residents Forum (September 25, 2021, Chicago, IL).
- Registration fee of $300 for pathology residents to attend the Engaged Leadership Academy, (a professional development and leadership course), taking place November 5-7, 2021 in Rosemont, IL. Hotel and travel expenses are covered by the CAP for ELA registrants as ELA awardees are expected to attend the academy in its entirety.
All CAP Junior Members may apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, or religion.
Applicants should have authorization from their institution to attend the meetings. Awardees and/or their institutions should expect to cover any travel costs that exceed the amount awarded.
The award must be fulfilled prior to the recipient converting to CAP Fellow membership.
APPLY BY MAY 5, 2021
Please include the following with your completed application:
- Award Application
- Your residency program director's signature is required (invite this individual as a collaborator on your application).
- An essay up to 750 words discussing:*
- Your interest in leadership and/or professional development and how this interest enhances your ability to articulate your value as a pathologist.
- Your goals for attending the meeting
- Your plan to share and apply knowledge gained
- Why the award is essential to you, the applicant
- Why you require foundation financial support
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional Headshot (1+ megabyte; color; with or without lab coat; neutral background; the photo you submit to be used in web and print media for award recognition)
- Letter of recommendation from your residency program director discussing:
- How you would benefit from receiving this award
- Your demonstration of leadership skills along with your interest/knowledge of the issues facing the field of pathology
*Applicants that do not address the above items in their application essay will not be considered.
Awardees are required to submit a 250-word summary of their experience and a short evaluation form within 10 days of meeting attendance.