Leadership Development Award Fall 2024 CAP Fellows
Leadership Development Award 2024 Fall Cycle – Engaged Leadership Academy (ELA)
Introduces new in practice CAP Fellow members (1 to 5 years) to the specialty’s issues and leadership opportunities at the institutional, local, state, and national levels. The award enhances each recipient's education, professional development and experience on issues challenging the pathology specialty.
Funding is available for the following:
- Registration fee and expenses, up to $500, for CAP Fellows (new in practice pathologists; 1 to 5 years) to attend the Engaged Leadership Academy, (a professional development and leadership course), taking place November 2024 in Rosemont, IL. Hotel and travel expenses are covered by the CAP for ELA registrants as ELA awardees are expected to attend the academy in its entirety.
All new in practice CAP Fellows (1 to 5 years) may apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, or religion.
Applicants should have authorization from their institution to attend the meetings. Awardees and/or their institutions should expect to cover any travel costs that exceed the amount awarded.
APPLY BY June 28, 2024
Please include the following with your completed application:
- Award Application
- Your department chair's sign-off is required (invite this individual as a collaborator on your application).
- Responses to the following:*
- Your interest in leadership and/or professional development and how this interest enhances your ability to articulate your value as a pathologist.
- Your goals for attending the ELA
- Your plan to share and apply knowledge gained
- Why the award is essential to you, the applicant
- Why you require foundation financial support
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional Headshot (1+ megabyte; color; with or without lab coat; neutral background; the photo you submit to be used in web and print media for award recognition; no selfies please)
- Letter of recommendation from your department chair discussing:
- How you would benefit from receiving this award
- Your demonstration of leadership skills along with your interest/knowledge of the issues facing the field of pathology
*Applicants that do not address the above items in their application will not be considered.
Awardees are required to submit a short evaluation form within 10 days of meeting attendance.
The CAP Foundation may also communicate the bestowing of this award and content from your evaluation form for future promotional purposes with CAP members and donors via the Foundation website, social media channels, newsletter, or annual report.