Leadership Development Award Spring 2023 CAP Junior Members
Leadership Development Award – CAP Junior Members 2023 Spring Cycle
Introduces pathology residents to the specialty’s issues and leadership opportunities at the institutional, local, state, and national levels. The award enhances each recipient's education and experience on issues challenging the practice of pathology.
Funding to cover travel expenses up to $1,200 is available for pathology residents to attend the CAP Spring Residents Forum (March 11, 2023, New Orleans, LA) or the Pathologists Leadership Summit (April 13 to April 18, 2023, Washington, DC). The intent of this award is to support in-person meeting attendance; each awardee will be paired with a mentor.
All CAP Junior Members may apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, or religion.
Applicants should have authorization from their institution to attend the meetings. Awardees and/or their institutions should expect to cover any travel costs that exceed the amount awarded.
The award must be fulfilled prior to the recipient converting to CAP Fellow membership.
APPLY BY: DECEMBER 1, 2022
Please include the following with your completed application:
- Award Application
- Your residency program director's sign-off is required (invite this individual as a collaborator on your application).
- Responses to the following:*
- Your interest in leadership and/or health policy
- Your goals for attending the meeting
- Your plan to share and apply knowledge gained
- Why the award is essential to you, the applicant
- Why you require foundation financial support
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional Headshot (1+ megabyte; color; with or without lab coat; neutral background; the photo you submit to be used in web and print media for award recognition; no selfies please)
- Letter of recommendation from your residency program director discussing:
- How you would benefit from receiving this award
- Your demonstration of leadership skills along with your interest/knowledge of the issues facing the field of pathology
*Applicants that do not address the above items in their application will not be considered.
Awardees are required to submit a short evaluation form within 10 days of meeting attendance.
The CAP Foundation may also communicate the bestowing of this award and content from your evaluation form for future promotional purposes with CAP members and donors via the Foundation website, social media channels, newsletter, or annual report.