Medical Student Travel Award 2021
Medical Student Award – The Medical Student Travel Award is intended to encourage and support medical students showing a strong interest in the specialty of pathology as a career choice. This award provides funding, to cover travel expenses up to $1,200.00, to attend the Fall Residents Forum meeting prior to the CAP Annual meeting, (CAP21 – September 25-28, 2021; Chicago, IL), where awardees will gain valuable insight and critical knowledge from experts regarding the field of pathology and career pathways.
To enhance the awardee’s experience at the Fall Residents Forum and CAP Annual meeting, a Resident Forum Delegate will be assigned to help the awardee:
Learn more about the specialty of pathology and residency training programs
Broaden the understanding of the role pathologists play on the healthcare team
Provide networking opportunities with residents and practicing pathologists to learn more about pursuing and preparing for a career in pathology.
Medical students actively enrolled in an accredited US based medical school with a strong interest in the field of pathology are invited to apply. All applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, or religion.
Applicants should have authorization from their institution to attend the meeting.
APPLY BY MARCH 9, 2021
Submit the following materials:
- Award Application
- An essay up to 750 words to include the following:*
- Interest in Pathology as a career
- Goals regarding attending the meeting
- Your plan to share and apply knowledge gained at your school/institution
- Why the award is essential to you, the applicant
- Why foundation financial support is necessary (NEED)
- Title and copy of abstract/poster that will be submitted for the CAP Annual Meeting (link to abstract submission instructions and site).
- The abstract should be original work (i.e. not previously presented at another meeting or forum, per CAP guidelines/rules)
- The medical student should be first or last author
- One abstract per medical student (multiple medical students should not share/submit the same work)
- Two Letters of Recommendation from (1) CAP Member** and (2) Medical School Faculty
- Professional Head Shot (1+ megabyte; color; with or without lab coat; neutral background; the photo you submit to be used in web and print media for award recognition)
- Curriculum Vitae
* Applicants that do not address the above items in their application essay will not be considered.
** CAP Member recommendation letter can come from a practicing pathologist as well as CAP Junior members (includes trainees still in a pathology fellowship)