Medical Student Travel Award 2022
Medical Student Award – The Medical Student Travel Award is intended to encourage and support medical students showing a strong interest in the specialty of pathology as a career choice. This award provides funding, to cover travel expenses up to $1,200.00, to attend the Fall Residents Forum meeting prior to the CAP Annual meeting, (CAP22 - October 8-11, 2022; New Orleans, LA), where awardees will gain valuable insight and critical knowledge from experts regarding the field of pathology and career pathways.
To enhance the awardee’s experience at the Fall Residents Forum and CAP Annual meeting, a Resident Forum Delegate will be assigned to help the awardee:
Learn more about the specialty of pathology and residency training programs
Broaden the understanding of the role pathologists play on the healthcare team
Provide networking opportunities with residents and practicing pathologists to learn more about pursuing and preparing for a career in pathology.
Medical students actively enrolled in an accredited US based medical school with a strong interest in the field of pathology are invited to apply. All applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, or religion.
Applicants should have authorization from their institution to attend the meeting.
APPLY BY MARCH 9, 2022
Submit the following materials:
- Award Application
- Responses to the following:*
- Your interest in Pathology as a career
- Your goals regarding attending the meeting
- Your plan to share and apply knowledge gained at your school/institution
- Why the award is essential to you, the applicant
- Why foundation financial support is necessary (NEED)
- Title and copy of abstract/poster that will be submitted for the CAP Annual Meeting (LINK TO BE ADDED IN JANUARY 2022).
- Submission of an abstract is a MANDATORY component of the application
- The abstract should be original work (i.e. not previously presented at another meeting or forum, per CAP guidelines/rules)
- The medical student should be first or last author
- One abstract per medical student (multiple medical students should not share/submit the same work)
- Two Letters of Recommendation from (1) CAP Member** and (2) Medical School Faculty
- Professional Head Shot (1+ megabyte; color; with or without lab coat; neutral background; the photo you submit to be used in web and print media for award recognition; no selfies)
- Curriculum Vitae
* Applicants that do not address the above items in their application will not be considered.
** CAP Member recommendation letter can come from a practicing pathologist as well as CAP Junior members (includes trainees still in a pathology fellowship)
Awardees are required to submit a short evaluation form within 10 days of meeting attendance.
The CAP Foundation may also communicate the bestowing of this award and content from your evaluation form for future promotional purposes with CAP members and donors via the Foundation website, social media channels, newsletter, or annual report.