See, Test & Treat Outstanding Partner Award 2024
Section I: Award Overview:
The CAP Foundation’s See, Test & Treat® program is a comprehensive cervical and breast cancer-screening program that connects women in need to the life-saving diagnostic skills of a volunteer team of health professionals. See, Test & Treat is unique because it provides medically underserved women across the United States with free screening and results, in one day and connection to further follow-up after the program. The program also strives to educate women about the role of the pathologist on their healthcare team, the importance of routine preventive screening and how healthy lifestyle choices reduce cancer risk.
The See, Test & Treat Outstanding Partner Award, introduced in 2019, recognizes and honors a non-pathologist for their contributions and service in support of the See, Test & Treat Program.
Section II: Nomination Guidelines*:
Nominees must have significantly contributed to and participated in a See, Test & Treat program.
- Nominations must be submitted by May 6, 2024, using the See, Test & Treat Outstanding Partner Award online form.
- Currently serving CAP Foundation board members, or candidates for any elected CAP office are not eligible for award nomination.
- Self-nominations or incomplete nominations will not be considered.
Section III: Evaluation:
- The Herbek Humanitarian Award Selection Committee will select an award recipient based on review of submitted nominations. Factors considered include, but are not limited to:
- Length of time nominee has been involved with the See, Test & Treat program
- Nominee's role within the See, Test & Treat program including level of engagement and collaboration with partners
- Impact the nominee has had on the See, Test & Treat program within their institution and the community
- Nominee's utilization of innovative and sustainable approaches benefiting See, Test & Treat patients
- The Herbek Humanitarian Award Selection Committee will evaluate all nominations and recommend the award candidate to the CAP Foundation Board for approval in late June 2024. The decisions of the Board are final. Award notifications will be sent by June 30, 2024.
- No information about the nomination evaluation process and/or the nominees can be shared prior to the official notification of the award honoree.
Section IV: Award Presentation
The award recipient will be recognized at an award presentation to take place at their home institution.
*The CAP Foundation reserves the right to consider an individual or group of individuals for an award other than the one designated on the nomination form. Further, the CAP Foundation reserves the right to NOT confer an award in any given year.