Sparking Interest in Pathology Award 2023
Sparking Interest in Pathology Award – this award is intended to support projects and initiatives that introduce, educate, and inspire medical students to pursue a career in pathology.
Funding, up to $500 USD, is available to CAP Medical Student members for the development and implementation of a sustainable initiative to acquaint and inspire medical student colleagues to pursue a career in pathology.
Focus areas include but are not limited to:
Establishing a pathology student interest group
Hosting talks, pathologist speakers, interactive education sessions
Developing networking opportunities with medical students and practicing pathologists
CAP Medical Student Members actively enrolled in an accredited US based medical school with a strong interest in the field of pathology are invited to apply. All applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, or religion.
APPLY BY Friday, December 8, 2023
Submit the following materials:
- Award Application
- Responses to the following:*
- Why are you interested in Pathology as a career?
- Describe your idea/initiative on how to showcase the field of pathology to fellow medical students as a career option. Include in your response what is currently offered at your institution, how your project differs from or compliments other current initiatives, and how you will measure and share project outcomes.
- Describe how you plan to use the funding (exclusions include funding for personal travel and indirect expenses).
- Letter of Support from Medical School Pathology Faculty
- Professional Head Shot (1+ megabyte; color; with or without lab coat; neutral background; the photo you submit to be used in web and print media for award recognition; no selfies)
- Curriculum Vitae
* Applicants that do not address the above items in their application will not be considered.
Awardees will be asked to submit the following:
1. Evaluation form
- What did you achieve with this project?
- How did you share project outcomes within your school/institution and with other medical students?
- What type of feedback did you receive?
- What would you tell others about your experience? Would you do anything differently?
- How were the award funds used? Did you identify any other sources of funding to support this project going forward?
2. Photos of project in action
3. Short video testimonial (optional)
The CAP Foundation may also communicate the bestowing of this award and content from your evaluation form with the award sponsor, Dr. Ronald Spark, and future promotional purposes with CAP members and donors via the Foundation website, social media channels, newsletter, or annual report.